Sunday, January 2, 2011

Design Wall Monday

If you are looking for a lot of new progress you might want to pass
on me and go to the next wall!! But, if you take time to look you will
see that my 9 patches have gone from 24 last Monday
to 54 this Monday! With my energy level very low
this week after Christmas ....that's some accomplishment.In keeping it real here at the first Monday
of the New Year .....this shows the
wall as it is. I should be getting the
next two black and white Buck a Blocks
this week if I make it to the shop.
I think it is two each month starting
in January.
As you can see I did not get my Christmas wall hanging
finished. I did get it squared up a little better
and worked on the back of those pinwheels.
I'll tell you, when working on the backs of those
I can sure tell it was my first project....they
did not fan out hardly at all....needed one
of those whack it hammers I have seen to
flatten them out. With poking and picking with
the seam ripper and iron I got them smashed
as flat as they are going to go. I am not really sure how I am going to quilt
this, stipple would be good but I don't do that
very well yet.
One reason besides time and energy that I did
not get it finished was that the backing I had
bought for it was not enough. So today
I dug around in my totes and found this
Santa fabric and I think it will work pretty good.

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. I had that backing fabric too. It made a wonderful quilt. I just love Debbi Mumm christmas fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made great progress!! 30 nine patches is nothing to sneeze at :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you've made great progress with the holidays and all . . . Love the "new" backing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects on the go! Making a little progress is still a step in the "right" direction!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you've chosen for your 9 patches. They will make up into a really pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete