Saturday, July 7, 2012

Patriotic Crazy Quilt and the 4th Quilt Show

This is the first crazy quilt I have ever attempted to make. I just pretty much
grabbed pieces and sewed them together...some in more of a Log
Cabin type block, others hog podge. In the middle there
are 4 paper pieced blocks surrounded by the 5 heart blocks.
It was a fun quilt to make.  This was the first time it
went to a quilt show.

 Here is my favorite and first nine patch making a showing and probably 
the last time I will show it.  I like using it.  It was on the bed most of  this
last winter.

The Wedding Ring Quilt is mine but was purchased at an antique shop, wish they would
have labeled it!!  The one in the middle next to it was the one my grammie has started
and hand pieced. I finished it and had it quilted in 2012.
 This Dresden Plate quilt is also from the antique store and I have no idea who put all
that hard work into it or saved up all those feed sacks.  The prairie point binding is really
unusual and they did a great job hand quilting it. Still I wish I knew who and when it
was made, but and sure glad I am the owner. I will enjoy and appreciate it!!

This is the first of two raffle quilts made by a couple ladies at the Stitch In Time 
Quilt Guild.  I hope it is in a home that appreciates it as a lot of hard work
went into this lovely quilt.

This is the second raffle quilt made by many of the members of the guild. We each made 
a few tossed 4 patches and then turned them in to the shop owner who them stipple quilted each
and everyone of them. They then went to the president of the guild and she and another
lady put them together by machine and then by hand with those skinny black strips.
This is the one I wish they would have drawn my ticket for!!!
Happy thing is the shop is closing and the owner is going to retire and she did
all that hard work stipple quilting those block and guess what???
 They drew her name and she won the quilt!!! What a great way to end your 
last month in business after 19 year....winning the raffle quilt you put a lot of
hours work into.!!!!  Glad she won it if I didn't  LOL!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment