Monday, December 6, 2010

Design Wall Monday

A little of this and that is what is on my wall this week.
I made a few more squares for the Whirley Gig Blocks
and started making 3 1/2 inch nine patches.
Those little nine patches are harder to make than
the 6 1/2 inch. I saw a beautiful nine patch quilt, set on point,
in the America Loves Scrap Quilts Magazine put
out by MaCall's Quilting, called Nine Patch Fondant.
It takes 270 -3 1/2 inch nine patches. It will take me
some time but I am going to try and make that many.The black and white 6 1/2 inch blocks are for a
Buck A Block quilt that I signed up for at the quilt shop.
They are made with the Thangles. They have the little
baggy with the pattern and the precut strips
to make 2 blocks each month for a total of
24 blocks. I am not sure how I like these
Thangles yet.....have to do more to find out.
I thought for a $1 a month for 2 blocks and the patterns I would give it a try!!

3 comments:

  1. Lots of piecing fun on your design wall today! Looks like the start of three great projects. I haven't tried the Thangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 270 is alot of blocks but you will get it done sooner or later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a $1 a month BOM with Thangles one year. They turned out very nice but I got bored with them really fast. I like using Thangles when I am making HSTs but not for a monthly challenge. Did make a nice quilt, though.

    ReplyDelete