Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mum

I heard the rain really coming down in the wee hours of the morning and I know my mum garden will benefit from it. In the fall of 2006 I started getting mums and planting them in an area in front of the house. This mum we planted two weeks ago will stay in the barrel and when the frost starts really flying, before the ground freezes, Joe will plant it in the mum garden. Last I counted we have around 25 that have survived the winters and I look for most of them to bloom here in a few weeks or so. I love the colors of fall and hope the dry spell we went through will not effect the the leaves turning. I have always heard if the leaves did not turn the colors of fall it was because the weather had been to dry and the leaves just dry and fall off.

No comments:

Post a Comment